How To: Install Pure Speed X aka PSX Android 4.4 KitKat on Motorola Atrix HD MB886
- Warranty may be void of your device if you root your Android Device or update to custom rom.
- Please do not try this method on any other Motorola Atrix HD.
- Your device model must be Motorola Atrix HD MB886.
- Your data will be lost.
Try at your own risk.
- You are only responsible for your device. We will not be responsible if there is any damage to your device and / or its components.
- Your Device must be 60% or more charge.
- Your phone should be rooted and have ClockworkMod recovery.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the recovery mode.
- Since it is a custom firmware, Sony will NOT detect your phone after installing this ROM.
- Make sure you backup all your data before applying this.
Backup Import Data:
Perform backups and other important things before starting to play here, since there is a chance that you could lose your applications and data applications-(application settings, level of games, etc.), and in exceptional case, the files from the internal storage, too.Little Guide on Backup & Restore that linked right below:
Motorola Atrix HD MB886 USB Drivers:
To connect your Motorola Atrix HD MB886 with you PC you have to install its USB drivers. If you do not have the drivers then you can go to the link:
- Step 1: Download KitKat Android 4.4 with Pure Speed X ROM for Motorola Atrix HD MB886 and GAPPS on your PC.
- Step 2: Connect and mount your Motorola Atrix HD MB886l with USB cable on your PC.
- Step 3: Copy and Paste the downloaded Android 4.4 ROM and GAPPS file to your SD card root (not in any other folder).
- Step 4: Turn OFF and disconnect your phone from the USB cable.
- Step 5: To get in the Recovery Mode, switch ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together until the device shows different Boot options.
- Step 6: When you are in the ClockworkMod recovery, use power button to select anything and volume key to navigate. Select “wipe data/factory reset” and this will wipe out you data.
- Step 7: Then “wipe cache partition” to clean your cache as well.
- Step 8: Now “wipe of your dalvik”. This is optional but it’s better to do that so you can avoid errors.
- Step 9: Now you have to go back to the main recovery screen where you will be going for “install zip from SD card” option.
- Step 10: Select “choose zip from sdcard (or external sdcard, you know where your files are)”.
- Step 11: Now similarly flash the files. Make sure to Flash the ROM file first and then the GAPPS file.
- Step 12: Restart your device. To do this, return to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now.
That’s all. Now the phone will reboot and will take some time, since it will be the first boot of the phone after installing Android 4.4, is extremely excited about this!